Well it’s all quietened down here with Scott gone so it’s back to business as usual, which means, well, it’s not very quiet at all! I’ve been in Sydney this week talking at one of our big banks and as I say in this week’s update, getting out there amongst companies dealing with their unique cyber challenges is always interesting:
— Troy Hunt (@troyhunt) May 23, 2018
In other news, Pwned Passwords is going nuts, there’s some awesome cyber comments from The Daily Mail (yep, that’s right), I’m doing a bunch of re-engineering work on HIBP, there’s the ViewFines data breach and a brand new Pluralsight course on bug bounties. I’ll still be home next week so will do it all again from here then.
- Okta has done a really neat Chrome extension for Pwned Passwords (this has really pumped up traffic to the API)
- Just for fun, here’s the Daily Mail’s comments on Okta’s work (get popcorn!)
- Want to get your company to run a bug bounty? Watch this course! (done with the founder of Bugcrowd himself, Casey Ellis)
- ViewFines in South Africa had a major data breach (plain text credentials spilled all over the place too)
- Tech Fabric is sponsoring my blog again this week (they’re doing scalable, reliable and secure cloud native apps)