50 Malicious Apps – Functionality
The functionality of the app is to only display the interstitial ads that cover the entire device screen.
Once these malicious apps installed and launched it displays error and hides from user view and continues to run the background.
Stefanko spotted that one of the apps was even in the trending list, at sixth place in the Educational category. Altogether these malicious apps are downloaded for more than 350,000 times.
All these applications hide after installation from home screen, even if the user tries to remove manually it is a tough job as the app hides between other application changes its name and icon.
Serious checks need to be done about the apps you download, particularly if you’re using an Android operating system.
Because of Android’s open network, apps are more likely to have malware built in, that will harm your phone with no knowledge of it whatsoever.
Common Tips to Catch Fake Android App
- Look at the publish date. A fake app will have a recent published date.
- Do a little research about the developer of the app you plan to install.
- Very important – read all app permissions carefully.
Common Defences On Mobile Threats
- Give careful consideration to the permission asked for by applications.
- Download applications from trusted sources.
- Stay up with the latest version.
- Encrypt your devices.